1/8/09

Weight-Loss Tips???


Was your New Year's Resolution to loose weight? I know I'm the only one that struggles with weight issues...right? LOL I've tried many things to loose weight but I've recently come across some truly unusual weight-loss tips.

One such tip involves the...Toothpaste Diet!!!! Excuse me, but does anyone else find this "Weird"?

No, they don’t suggest that you have to suck down tubes of toothpaste. Rather they say that the minty fresh paste can help you stick to your diet.

If portion control is your dieting downfall, and you can’t resist your favorite goodies, they suggest that you brush your teeth with mint-flavored toothpaste after your meal.

Supposedly this will tell your brain the meal’s over and if you’re tempted to take another bite, they claim that most food doesn't taste good with a mouth full of cool mint flavor. Plus, the slick feeling of clean teeth is supposed to be enough to keep you from wanting to chow down some more.

I'm sure your dentist, and the toothpaste manufacturers, will thank you. If nothing else, brushing your teeth after meals is good dental hygiene.

They also suggest that if you don't have a toothbrush and toothpaste on hand every time you eat, or if you feel a snack attack coming on, you should reach for sugarless mint gum instead.

I'm not sure this is the diet for me but it couldn't hurt the dental bill! Show me those "pearly whites" and slim down?! LOL

6 comments:

Erin Tales said...

I had an ex who lost weight doing that. I never knew him when he was overweight... I met him just after he reached his "good" weight. Its a good trick. Of course, he was still an arse. LMAO - chunky or slender.

Unknown said...

I have found that if I brush my teeth when I feel hunger it can help me hold off longer. I thought it was because I didn't want to get my mouth dirty yet. :)

Kristin said...

I do this when my husband brings popcorn and ice cream to bed! The nerve that he brings those to bed, right? But seriously, I see him coming with those, and I run to the sink and brush my teeth. Popcorn and ice cream taste NO good with toothpaste mouth.

Unknown said...

I have recently been very successful with a weight loss plan that I have completed. The first few months I actually found quite easy because I had the will power and motivation to give it a go, however I found that I needed an extra boost after that because I started loosing a lot of concentration so I was recommended to look for a Fat Removal Pill to help absorb the fat from meals and I have to say it worked a treat for me.

Nicole Orriƫns said...

I've heard of this trick and use it often, because it does ruin some nice potato chips, when your mouth is all minty fresh.

Sometimes when I feel like taking a walk on the wild side I even chew some peppermint gum, to spoil other foods even more.

http://www.momshomerun.blogspot.com

Pastor "B" said...

"I'll try it!!!!!!!! Hey! I've tried everything else, why not? Thanks Mary! I see you save "bags" like Nancy does. She squashes them between the washer and the dryer and they are always there for any emergency of needing a bag for something! Thanks Mary!
Bob

 
#footer-column-container { clear:both; } .footer-column { padding: 10px; }