5/31/10

When it Rains....It Pours!!!!!

It's been a while since I posted.  #1: I went back to work after a year and a half lay-off!!!! That was a shock to my body for sure. #2: The hard drive on my computer CRASHED and it took almost 3 weeks to get it repaired and everything running again!!!!!  So...I had started posting about my new adventure into chickens and pygmy goats when everything happened.  Didn't get a chance to give you an update as we went so I'll just have to start from now!!!!   First of all we get the chickens....1 rooster and 5 hens.  I grew up on a farm so this really wasn't new to me but it had been many years since I'd been around them.  There is something relaxing about just sitting and watching chickens as they scratch and hunt for food.  It's also amusing when you either throw scraps in the lot or one chicken thinks it's found something valuable and all the others want to share!!!!  LOL

Having these chickens also brings back memories...when my baby brother was about 3 years old we were watching this chicken that had a bunch of chicks.  One chick found something and started running.  When the others figured out that it had something they all took off after it.  The one chick was running and crying trying to keep its prize away from the others.  My brother took one look at this action and immediately started jumping up and down screaming...."He's gonna get a touch down....he's gonna get a touch down"!  ROFL  Never related chickens and football before but I'll never look at it the same again!

Here are some pictures of my new friends.  The grandchildren named the chickens but I can't remember or keep them separated.  However, the goats are mine and the one with the purple collar is Delila and the one with the blue collar is Sampson!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

They all look like a happy family! And the goats look like they have some yummy grass to eat - lol, they do eat that grass, don't they?
:)

 
#footer-column-container { clear:both; } .footer-column { padding: 10px; }