11/5/09

Remembering!

Today would have been the 80th birthday of my aunt Barbara McMurray.  She was one of hundreds that die from Alzheimer and she was one of the reasons I recently took part in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk. She was, undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful and gracious women (besides my mom) I have ever known.  Not just beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well.  Our families were very close and my fondest memories are of the times we all spent together.  Either at their house, the beach or at grandmothers house.  She was like a second mom to me and my cousins were more like sisters.  Those were good time and good memories.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Aunt Barbara...I know Jesus has a great party planned!  Wish I could be there!

2 comments:

mamacateyes said...

My heart goes out to you. Both of grandparents (mom's side) had Alzheimers and it isn't a pretty to deal with. Keep the memories in your heart.

Felicia said...

Love her and miss her. That's such a gorgeous picture of her too.

 
#footer-column-container { clear:both; } .footer-column { padding: 10px; }