4/28/09

Growing Tomatoes Upside Down?

I know you've seen the commercials on TV about the "Topsy Turvy" tomatoes. Well, I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I didn't purchase the one on TV...I found a different kind and then learned how I could make my own. This is also a great idea for people who don't have the room for a garden but still want to have some fresh vegetables. I've been told that you can also grow several other vegetables in this manner. Haven't tried that yet but may have to next year. I'll see how the tomatoes do first.

Oh...BTW....I planted cherry tomatoes in the top of mine.

If you are interested in getting more information on growing Topsy Turvy vegetables check out this article. I'd love to hear from those of you that have done this before to see how it worked.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Of Course I have seen this commercial.. It is on all of the time, right? lol

My mother-in-law has something similar to the topsy turvy thing.. and she says that the roots are not very strong, but it seems to be working just fine.. I hope you have success.. how neat that you found how to make it yourself!

:)

 
#footer-column-container { clear:both; } .footer-column { padding: 10px; }